Comment: A perfect lunch or dinner or snack – your choice. Lots of green lettuce topped with strips of steak doused with a tangy oil & vinegar dressing or a Ranch or Creamy Italian. Can’t beat it and you’re sure to be asked for it again, and again.
15-20 minutes to prepare steak, same on salad but it’s done simultaneously
1 8oz tenderloin or flank steak sliced thin, 2 inch lengths
2.5 quart-sized glass bowl filled with a combination of washed & dried lettuces (Red or Green leaf, Romaine, Iceberg, etc.)
¼ small red onion cut into slices
¼ red pepper, diced
½ tomato, cubed
¼ cucumber peeled and cut into slices
Dressing (mix together the following):
3 tbl olive oil
Small amount (to taste) of Italian seasoning, Oregano, Parsley, Dill, Basil
¼ tsp salt (hold if for dietary need)
¼ tsp ground pepper
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Oregano
- Prepare lettuce by adding onion, pepper, tomato and cucumber, set aside.
- Prepare dressing, set aside.
- Set up your George Foreman Grill (or similar or use a fry pan) and fast grill the steak so that there’s pink showing. Remove, place on paper towel to cool and dry.
- Thoroughly mix dressing into salad.
- Add steak and gently mix into salad.