Comment: Megg brought this over for a large family gathering and it was what we call a “can I have the recipe” recipe as it was an immediate hit. It’s light, creamy, a little bit crunchy, just sweet enough and the cheese/bread crumb topping is very satisfying. When you serve it be sure to have copies handy as you’ll be asked “can I have the recipe.”
Bake 30 minutes @ 350 degrees
Steam time: 5 minutes
2 cups combined yellow & green zucchini, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup HomeMade GF Breadcrumbs
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup onion, chopped
1 tsp sugar
1 tbls butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam zucchini squash 5 minutes.
- Mix squash, mayo, onions, egg and sugar and spread in a 9” x 12” casserole dish.
- Spread cheddar cheese evenly over squash mix.
- Spread breadcrumbs evenly over cheese.
- Dot butter over breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and serve hot.