Comment: Gluten-free Cheese ravioli with sausages & peppers? You’d think you’re in the heart of Bologna instead of in your own kitchen. We buy frozen cheese stuffed ravioli from Dietary Specialists who ship contents on dry ice and their packaging is excellent as are their ravioli. This recipe is a treat so sit back with a glass of wine or your favorite beverage and enjoy!
10 large gluten-free ravioli
½ large green pepper sliced thin
½ large red pepper sliced thin
1 sweet Italian sweet sausage, semi-frozen sliced in ¼” circles
1 hot Italian sweet sausage, semi-frozen sliced in ¼” circles
½ cup HomeMade GF Chicken Stock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbls Oregano
2 tbls olive oil
2 tsp sea salt (optional vs regular salt)
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil, add salt and gently add the ravioli one at a time – being sure to lower the heat to get a slow, steady boil (not rapid).
- Cook ravioli to Al Dente tenderness stirring softly as they cook so as not to cut or penetrate them causing the cheese filling to spill out. Tips: Do not cook until soft. Sea salt tends to firm up the pasta and is more flavorful vs. regular salt but both are optional.
- In a 12 inch fry pan add the sausages, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, drain excess fat, lower heat and add garlic, Oregano and peppers. Cook until peppers are tender and sausages are brown throughout.
- Add oil and chicken broth to the pan stirring gently over medium heat to make a slurry-type sauce.
- Remove ravioli from boiling water, strain in a plastic colander, 5 to each plate, and then smother sausage/pepper mix over ravioli.
Condiments: Grated Parmesan Cheese, Hot Pepper Flakes
Sides: Mixed Green Salad