Comment: Everyone needs a gluten-free meatloaf recipe and no two people make it the same which is why they’re family favorites. The recipes are passed down family-to-family, modified as each generation adds or subtracts their own ingredients and who’s to say theirs is not the best? Our recipe is a bit of this and a bit of that and feel free to experiment. Yours will be as good if not better.
1 lb ground beef (80% Lean)
1 x-large egg, beat
¾ cup ketchup
1 8 oz can tomato juice or spicy V8
¾ cup HomeMade GF Bread Crumbs
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 slice bacon
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except bacon mixing together to form a large ball.
- In an 8″x12″ roasting pan or casserole dish, add the meat mix and shape into a loaf.
- Take the strip of bacon and stretch it across the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the bacon is cooked which should mean that your meatloaf is cooked but check to be sure.
- Pry the middle with a fork and the beef should be brown. If not, cook longer.
Condiments: Ketchup, Hot Sauce, Sour Cream or Butter (for potatoes & vegetables)