Comment: This recipe for chocolate cookies comes from Megg and they are delicious any time of the year – not only during the holiday season. They’re fun to make, are picture-perfect and have just the right ‘crunchiness‘ and sweetness to become one of your favorites.
Each sheet of cookies bakes for 12-13 minutes
Yield depends on the size of cookie you make but minimum 2 dozen
4 squares Unsweetened Chocolate (Baker’s or other suppliers of Cacao)
2 cups sugar
2 cups gluten-free Bob’s Red Mill Flour
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Xanthan gum
¼ tsp salt
2 cups Confectionary sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Melt chocolate squares in the microwave oven or in a small pan, allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum.
- In a large electric mixing bowl with paddle for a blade, mix together eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and melted chocolate blending until thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the liquid. When the mixture becomes too thick for the paddle to handle, remove and scrape the batter from the paddle and finish mixing by hand.
- Remove the mixture from bowl, form into a large somewhat flattened ball, place on a cutting board, cover with plastic food wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- In a pie plate or wide flat-bottom bowl, add ½ of the Confectionary sugar – replacing as used.
- Scoop a tbl spoon of batter from the ball, roll it in the Confectionary sugar and place it on the cookie sheet and flatten it somewhat with your fingers or a flat wooden spoon – but don’t flatten it too much as the cooking process will do that for you. Leave about 2 to 3 inches between each ball and repeat until the cookie sheet is at capacity and bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove the baked cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack for complete cooling. If removed too soon the cookies will crumble.
- As the cookies are cooling on the cookie sheet sprinkle each with a layer of Confectionary sugar.
- Repeat the cooking/cooling/sugaring process until all batter has been used.