Comment: When string beans are plentiful in the market, it’s nice to use them in a variety of ways and one that we find particularly tasteful is frying them in olive oil sprinkling with grated Parmesan cheese and HomeMade GF bread crumbs.
10 minutes boiling to Al Dente and 4 minutes frying
1 pound green string beans with ends clipped
3 ounces olive oil
1 tbls butter
2 cloves minced garlic
4 tbls Parmesan cheese
3 tbls HomeMade GF Bread Crumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a 3 quart pan w/lid add 2 quarts water and boil beans until Al Dente.
- In a 12 inch fry pan add oil and butter and heat.
- Strain the beans allowing all water to drip free.
- Add the beans to the hot oil/butter and stir, cooking for 4 minutes.
- When done, transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle on the bread crumbs and Parmesan.