Comment: This is good anytime of the year but especially during the warmer months. It’s a hearty, filling and light meal that can stand alone or become part of something else, and you can vary the dressing from Ranch, to Oil & Vinegar to Creamy Italian or whatever.
20-25 minutes to prepare chicken
½ boneless skinned chicken breast
2.5 quart-sized glass bowl filled with a combination of washed & dried lettuces (Red or Green leaf, Romaine, Iceberg, etc.)
¼ small red onion cut into slices
2 tbls Chic Peas, drained
¼ red pepper, diced
½ tomato, cubed
¼ cucumber peeled and cut into slices
Basting sauce mixed together for cooking chicken:
2 tbl olive oil (or vegetable)
¼ tsp salt (hold if for dietary need)
¼ tsp ground pepper
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Oregano
- Wash your chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel
- Put your Basting sauce in a bowl large enough to accommodate the chicken breast and swish the chicken so that it is thoroughly covered with the sauce. If the breast is too thick or too large, slice it into sections.
- In a fryingpan, heat a small amount of oil on medium heat and cook the chicken until no pink can be found within the chicken (note, we also use our George Foreman Grill works excellent for this too)
- While the chicken is grilling, set your salad in the bowl.
- When the chicken has cooked, remove it from the grill and allow to cool and then add it to the salad mix.
- Add your favorite dressing and eat right from the bowl (if sharing, proportion accordingly)