Comment: We ought to have this more often but for whatever reason, it slips by until someone says: “Hey, what about having grilled chicken breasts tonight with baked Acorn squash and mac & cheese.” Why not? The bone-in breasts are always available at the local supermarkets, they’re relatively inexpensive, they’re meaty and when cooked and sizzling hot, they’re a special treat with Italian seasoning flavor.
35-45 minutes under oven grill at 450 degrees
2 ½ – 3 pounds Split Chicken Breasts (2) w/ Ribs
¾ cup HomeMade Italian Marinade
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven grill to high 400s – low 500s.
- Set oven rack low.
- Rinse chicken breasts under cold water, pat dry and place on oven grill pan.
- With basting brush, baste chicken – skin side up – with ample marinade and grill until skin begins to turn brown.
- Flip breasts and baste rib side with marinade until they begin to turn brown.
- Continue filpping and basting until chicken is cooked with the skin brown and slighly burned.
- Serve on individual plates w/ sharp steak knife to be used for cutting meat away from the bony ribs.