Comment: These are great in a fresh Green lettuce salad, in a Three-Bean salad or added to a tomato base for Italian and Mexican dishes but here we’re frying them in a little olive oil mixed with onions and garlic and served as a Side with hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled steak or fried chicken. They can also be used as a stand-alone snack (think popcorn, potato chips, etc.)
2 as a stand-alone. If added to salads, unlimited
1 can Chick Peas, drained
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves galic, peeled and chopped
2 tbls Olive Oil
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a 10 inch fry pan, add oil, onions and garlic and sauté.
- Drain the Chick Peas and add to onions & garlic.
- Cook until beans become brown and crispy but not dry. Sprinkle garlic powder over beans as they are cooking.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.
- If adding to Salad, let cool completely