Comment: A batch of these small chicken wings and legs are good anytime and they’re tasty with either our home style BBQ sauce or our Italian sauce that you can easily make. Try one sauce one time, the other next time. Local supermarkets tend to put their brand names on the wingetts and are not as ‘meaty’ as, say, Perdue’s. If you can’t find wingetts, buy a pckage of small wings and legs.
The better part of 45 minutes
2 pounds of wingetts, bone in
¾ cup HomeMade BBQ or Italian Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. We use our oven broiling pan covered with alum. foil and lightly sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Rinse each piece of chicken, pat dry and spread the pieces over the surface of the foil, meaty side down/skin side up.
- Brush sauce liberally over the pieces and begin cooking turning and brushing woth the sauce every 10 minutes. A suggestion is to remove the pan from the oven and do the basting on the cooktop so as not to lose the oven heat.
- They’re coked when you can take a fork and easily pry the meat from the bone.
- If you wish to crisp them up, turn the oven to broil and broil them 3 minutes or less as this happens fast.