Comment: As a special treat we’ll serve a Caesar salad with delicious, crunchy gluten-free garlic croutons produced by Olivia’s but we do ‘hold’ the anchovy filets and raw egg. Call us non-traditionalists by doing that but it’s a great salad without those items.
- Have a glass bowl large enough to hold the salad chilling in the refrigerator.
- Wash the lettuce in cold water, spin in a colander or pat dry using a hand towel or paper towel.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and tear (do not cut) the Romaine into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt & pepper and pour over the Romaine coating both sides of the lettuce.
- Add the gluten-free garlic croutons and serve immediately.
- If you choose to add anchovy filets (samm line of Anchovy Paste will also work), open a 2-ounce can, drain and add at step #4